- "Fine" -- this is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.
- "Five minutes" -- if she is getting dressed, this is half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given 5 more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.
- "Nothing" -- This is the calm before the storm. This means "something," and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with 'Nothing' usually end in "Fine."
- "Go ahead" -- this is a dare, not permission. Don't do it.
- "Loud sigh" -- This is not actually a word, but is a nonverbal statement often misunderstood by men. A "Loud Sigh" means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you over "Nothing."
- "That's okay" -- this is one of the most dangerous statements that a woman can make to a man. "That's Okay" means that she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.
- "Thanks" -- a woman is thanking you. Do not question it or faint. Just say you're welcome.
- Oh, and before we forget, "Whatever" -- it's a woman's way of saying *!#@ YOU!
Words Women Use
Here's one of those anonymous writings we get sent by family and friends. This one made me laugh because I, like probably many other women, am guilty of using these words to mean just what they say they mean here. So go ahead and forward this to the men you know to warn them about future arguments they can avoid if they remember the terminology! And send it to your women friends to give them a good laugh!
Categories: Life's musings